Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Fun Day at the Roastery

This blog has nothing to do with fundraising but everything to do with having a great staff. Tuesday was my birthday and also a day the Roastery is open to the public. I usually arrive somewhat after the staff but this week when I arrived no one was there - at least that's what I thought with concern.

I raised the garage door to reveal a storefront full of streamers and birthday banners. Not just the storefront but as I made my way to the back of the Roastery decorations greeted me everywhere. As I passed a table full of birthday treats, Sandra and Tamatha jumped out and threw confetti all over me! I've made it 54 years without having a surprise birthday party. Needless to say I was surprised and also thankful that they were actually at work!

Just so you know, while we are roasting and packaging your orders, we are also having fun. It is such a blessing to work with people you enjoy and that also enjoy their work. In the next few blogs I will introduce you to the staff the keeps School Spirit Coffee rolling. They are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment